Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Where im at?

You know so many times i think to myself, where am i going to be in 10 years, 20 years, 30 years. I remember our first night of Deviate College, i was staring out the glass door of the church, thinking to myself where am i going to be at in 5 months! well here i am...haha. Sometimes i think that im in over my head but there are other times when i feel so confident im doing what God has called me to do!

What i notice about Youth Ministry is this, there is no secure job. Many things can happen, the church turns there back on you, church economics may go to crap, someone spreads rumors about you that could be un-true, and you could lose a wife because she couldnt handle the ministry lifestyle! I believe that God has not only called Youth Ministers to a full life of service, but i also believe that he has called the wife and kids into the ministry as well. My greatest fear is that my wife will leave me based on my lifestyle, a totally random life. Things happen that sometimes you just gotta go! Student has an accident and is in the hospital, Church Family member dies, Got so much work to get done before the end of the month, the pastor may have a serious situation that has happened and needs your help, and etc. So much happens, that the wife has to be ready for and the kids have to be ready for! I feel that we lose the picture in the end, The husband/wife loses connection with one another because of all the circumstances that has happened! Wives, Husbands, and Childern need to be aware of what is at stake!

I love my students to death, there the best high school kids ever! I will take a bullet for them! Are there certain ones that do push my paitence well of course there is but i loves those jokers all the same! im tryin to get all them involved with the ministry, so that they can have a part in it all. Eric, he is media guy; Chris, he is Guy Leader; Kayla, is the girl leader; James Glass is our Chalker(writes annoucements and prayer request on the chalkboard); our adult leaders are Mrs Kem, Mrs Goble, and Mr Darrell, and also Zach Lowery helps out! What i love doing is hanging out with my students, i play ping pong with them, ill sit at subway and have a chat with them, ill stand outside and talk to them! I want to be involved in there lives, so much that i want them to call me first if anything ever happens in there life! Well two of my students went yard rolling and the cops got called and one of them called me and told me all about it! i loved it!! it was so exciting!! i just love being with those guys!!!

This is who i am!! Im a Christ Following Youth Minister!!

No comments: